Why are we doing this?
100% of all MMA athletes we spoke to had no idea of their worth when negotiating with a promotion/promoter or a manager.
Here are some shocking facts we uncovered related to MMA fighter pay:
- Less than 10% trust an existing manager.
- Over 70% were cheated out of a portion of their purse.
- 90% had no idea about fight camp costs.
- 80% had no idea about net income (post-tax).
- 85% had no idea about their influence on ticket sales (and didn't record it).
- 95% had no idea about their social metrics.
- 75% had no idea they could negotiate up with a promotion and where the limit was.
Here's how you can help.
- Share this post.
- Ask any MMA athlete you know to fill in our basic or detailed anonymous fighter pay survey (links to both below)
- Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Let's get a baseline in so MMA athletes at least know their worth when negotiating with a promotion and go from there.
Once we have enough anonymous data we will publish charts and lots of data so that MMA athletes aren't kept in the dark and fed shit.
Maybe you don't need to unite on a lot of things, but MONEY though - you need to share the data anonymously so everyone can benefit. Let us unite and start understanding what fighter pay actually looks like.
MMA athletes don't need to be friends, in fact the promotions, promoters, and managers love the divide and conquer approach, it plays out perfectly for them.
This survey is completely anonymous and no personal details will be requested or shared. Once we feel like we have enough responses we will publicly publish the data in a series of charts and diagrams to educate athletes on what baseline pay looks like across all promotions and organizations so that fighters can use the data as a tool to negotiate and understand their worth.
2021 MMA FIGHTER PAY SURVEY OPTION 1 - BASIC EDITION
2021 MMA FIGHTER PAY SURVEY OPTION 2 - DETAILED EDITION
If you enjoyed filling in this basic version of the 2021 fighter pay survey, you can help even more by filling in the detailed one, it doesn't matter if you do both. The data provided will empower MMA athletes, including yourself.
If you are in the MMA community, we encourage you to share this post with as many people as you can, the more fighters that fill in the survey, the more empowered they will be to understand their worth and to negotiate a better outcome for themselves, their families and their future.
Top comments (1)
Add to the discussion